- Nothing that cannot be overcome.
- Negative people...but they're not a problem
- Restricted movement, information and communication...but I'm working around that and still getting things accomplished.
- Up, over, around or through...whatever gets in my way might slow me down but it'll never stop me..not ever.
"What would you love to do?"
- Paddle board Yoga in Hawaii
- Have a one on one conversation with:
2. President Obama
3. FBOP Director Samuels
- Learn how to sail a fifty footer and then cruise around the Caribbean
- Sit on the beach with my wife and watch the sun set...which means we're on the West Coast or an island
- Play around on an IPhone or IPad and make a YouTube video
- Spend some time out at the Chopra Wellness Center and meet my man Deepak
- Surprise my parents by showing up at their homes on Christmas
- Place a ring on my girlfriend's finger under the RIGHT circumstances
- Anonymously pay off someone's Christmas lay-away presents as has become increasingly common in recent years
- Spend time, individually, with every single one of my family members and friends at the gym sharing my passion for health and fitness with each of them. (Don't worry, it's not going to happen this year ;-)
"What's the first step?"
- No matter what the goal may be I know that I need to prepare my mind and body for whatever journey lies before me.
- Always take care of your own needs first or you won't be able to help as many others later
- Get into a healthy routine that supports your mental health and well-being.
- Make a plan to achieve your goal so that there is no wasted effort..once you have a plan THEN you can take action with confidence
- VISUALIZE the success of whatever action (first step) you are about to take.
- The first step, no matter what it may be, must be taken with confidence because confidence breeds success
"What's important about that?"
(THAT being physical fitness)
In the past as my physical fitness deteriorated so too did my mental health. For me there has always been a very clear correlation between the two and as I became more consciously aware of this fact I learned to take certain steps that helped me to positively shape me future health and well-being. Nowadays, daily workouts are a top priority in my life because I know the impact that they have on my mental and emotional stability. It's the physical aspect of my daily fitness routine that most helps me to remain the same healthy, balanced person day in and day out. No one ever has to wonder what sort of mood I'll be in when they see me because they already know that I'll have a smile on my face and a few kind words in greeting awaiting them. The more in tune I become with myself the more connected I begin to feel to others and THAT's what is truly important to me.
"What are your strengths?"
- Unwavering Optimism
- Good planning skills
- Natural leadership ability with leadership skills that have been cultivated during time of both peace and controversy
- Respectability amongst my peers and from authority figures as well
- Vast knowledge and experience related to health and fitness
- Extremely empathetic
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Unusually objective in all situations and able to see how various outcomes will effect everyone involved
- I will not hesitate to ask for assistance whenever it is needed and
- I will readily admit when I do not know the answer
- Visualization...I'm very good at forming a complete visualization of my goal and then see myself taking all the necessary steps to achieve it.
"How can you express your gifts more fully?"
Over the course of just the last three months I have committed myself to a multitude of projects that have/will benefit not only me personally but many of the men around me. Each of these groups/forums has given me an opportunity to better identify my strengths and then use them to help others. Seemingly overnight, I've become much more engaged with the general population and, as a result, individuals are quickly becoming more and more comfortable approaching me. Hence, the more accessible I become the more likely I am to positively influence someone while sharing my "gifts" with them...and obviously gifts are meant to be given freely, fully and frequently.